The mission of the Los Angeles County Law Enforcement Trust (LACLET) is to provide both immediate and long term assistance to families of Los Angeles County peace officers who have been killed in the line of duty. We also assist law enforcement agencies in utilizing available resources to enhance their capacity to support the families of fallen officers.
We are seeking a talented, experienced individual to assist us in leading the development of our PR and marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute strategies that create a positive public image of LACLET.
- Build relationships with leading members of the media, government, industry, law enforcement and the public.
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, corporate newsletter content, social media content and speaking proposals.
- Copy, edit, proofread and revise LACLET communications.
- Develop all related PR and marketing goals.
- Design, launch and manage digital marketing/social media campaigns.
- Oversee crisis control program if necessary.
Skills & Experience needed:
- Minimum of five years of public relations experience including the design and execution of successful local and regional campaigns.
- Familiarity with the nonprofit arena.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationships with both local and regional business and industry media outlets.
- Strong knowledge/experience with social media platforms.
Hours: Part-time, flexible
Salary: $0.00 /year
Required education: Bachelor's
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment