Patient Portal Volunteer
Axis Community Health is a nonprofit community health center. We are the Tri-Valley’s only provider of health care for low-income and uninsured residents. Our services include medical care, mental health counseling, behavioral health services and WIC nutrition program.
We are looking for volunteers to assist Axis patients in enrolling in our new Patient Portal system. Volunteers will fill shifts at one of our three medical clinic locations.
How to Apply: Submit your resume by responding to this posting, and/or fill out a volunteer application and submit it to email@example.com . The volunteer application can be found at
Applications and resumes can also be faxed to (925) 417-1503.
- Attend training to learn Patient Portal enrollment process.
- Speak with patients in waiting area about the Patient Portal and what they can do once enrolled.
- Comply with patient privacy requirements under HIPAA.
- Assist patients in enrolling in the Patient Portal.
- Coordinate schedule with the Clinic Manager.
Time Commitment: Volunteers have the option to choose from two shifts; 9 am - 12 pm or 1 pm - 4 pm at least one day per week for a minimum commitment of three months.
- Must be high school graduate, age 18 or above.
- Must be dependable and able to commit to the assigned shift.
- Must have basic computer, internet and data entry knowledge.
- Ability to demonstrate on-line Patient Portal process to patients.
- A positive attitude and willingness to assist patients.
- Prior volunteer experience not required.
- Ability to speak more than one language welcome, but not required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. In addition, the Clinic Manager and other management staff will be available for questions and assistance.
Dress Code: Business Casual
Certificate: Volunteers will receive a certificate of service after the completion of their three-month commitment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Duties are normally performed in a typical office work environment. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the individual is required to have ambulatory skills sufficient to visit various parts of the organization. Requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20lbs. Requires sitting and standing for extensive periods of time, and operating a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the volunteer’s duties.
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training