Would you enjoy working one on one with people applying to be Habitat homeowners? Our Homebuyer Interview Team volunteers help us decide which applicants are a good fit for our programs. They listen to the applicant’s story and learn about their current situation and then report to the Habitat staff on their findings. These volunteers work in teams of 2-3 to conduct these interviews with the applying families or individuals at our office, in Renton. Interviews are often nights or weekends to accommodate the families work schedules. Each interview takes an hour on average.
- Welcome applicants to the office and make them feel comfortable.
- Interview families and individuals applying for Habitat homes and programs.
- Fill out a checklist and report based on the interview.
- Submit the report to Habitat staff.
- Call the applicant if they are accepted to the program to tell them the good news.
Training and Benefits: This role includes additional training by our staff about our families and the application process. A staff member will be available at the office, with your team, while the interview is conducted. Members of the interview team for each applicant are the ones who get to contact them and tell them that they have been accepted to our program. This is a very emotional moment as they start the journey to their new lives as homeowners.
Time Commitment: Each interview lasts 1-2 hours. We have several every month. We envision having a team of up to 20 people that can take turns conducting the interviews in pairs, based on their availability.
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Each interview is 1-2 hours