Grace Hospice is looking for VIGIL Volunteers
11 people are interested
- Grace Hospice is GROWING and so it our need for a VERY special type of Volunteer.
What is a Vigil Volunteer?
A caring individual that will provide a gentle and warm presence at bedside (or in the room) for patients who are actively dying (the last 24-48 hours of life).
A person who will offer companionship, comfort and presence (sitting vigil), either for patients who have little or no family to be with them, or to provide support, information and guidance for their families, relieving their anxiety over the unknown.
Qualified Candidates must possess the following traits:
- Be punctual and dependable.
- Be comfortable with silence and touch
- Provide a quiet and meditative presence
- Have empathy, compassion, knowledge, and sound judgment regarding issues of death and dying
- Have the availability to be on-call with shifts lasting at least 2 hours - but no more than 4 hours (more info about on-call available)
- Ability to work independently, but know that you are there as a member of the hospice team and have available support to you during the entire duration of the sitting service
- Complete general volunteer training/orientation with additional education on the vigil program
- Consent to drug test, 2 step TB test, and background check
About Grace Hospice of Milwaukee
2514 S. 102nd St., Suite 276, West Allis, WI 53227, US
For each employee to treat every patient as their own treasured loved one, providing care that affords a quality of life that outweighs quantity of days, and supports caregivers as their hearts find healing.
Grace Hospice is seeking compassionate individuals who are willing to provide emotional support and companionship to our patients and their families experiencing Hospice. Volunteers are a vital part of the interdisciplinary team and truly are the heart of our organization. In addition to placing friendly visits, volunteers can also assist with bereavement support, caregiver relief (respite), running of errands, special event planning, veteran to veteran outreach, pet, reiki, music and massage therapies, office support - and more!
We'll work with your schedule.
Our office is in West Allis but weserve patients all over Wisconsin.West Allis, WI 53407
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per visit