Story Tapestries designs programs that bridge gaps created by language, economy, ability level, and other social-economic factors that can create divisions between people living in the same community. The arts have the ability to bridge these gaps, and Story Tapestries artists work with communities to customize programs that create an infrastructure for lasting changes. Performances, workshops, in-school and out-of-school residencies along with community engagement events such as Family Nights are aimed to reach children, parents, teachers, and other adult mentors so that every community has a tight network of team players, armed with multi-literacy tools, that are working toward collective goals. Since 2010, Story Tapestries has worked tirelessly to secure funds to support such transformative programs for communities that cannot afford them, but desperately want and need them. We’re seeking volunteers to help us write and edit grant applicat ions, connect with donors, and ultimately gather more funds to be able to reach more communities in need. Tasks include but are not limited to composing emails, creating and sharing social media posts, making phone calls, researching funding opportunities, as well as reading and editing grant application documents. We have several important grant deadlines pending in April-July that we could use support with.
strong English language skills
grant writing experience
attention to detail
skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
experience with and access to Google Drive
social media skills
internet research abilities
If you have the skills and would be excited to support an organization that infuses the arts into education teaching literacy and 21st century skills, send us an email (email@example.com) with your CV and a short statement (less than 200 words) about why and how you'd like to assist Story Tapestries
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 hours per week
- India: Volunteer for slum...
- Football for Social Change
- Kenya: Program Assistants
- Belize: Development Manager
- GlobalGiving Coordinator
- Teach Science to Primary School...
- Online: Help us say Thank You to...
- Volunteer to educate 500 youths...
- Thailand: External Relations...
- Communication & Strategies
- India: Provide computer literacy...
- Volunteer Fundraiser
- Belize: Development Officer
- Fundraising Advocate
- Online: Development Assistant:...
- Programs Assistant
- Online: Social Media Oversight
- El Salvador: Help Plant 100,000...
- Online: Social Media Marketing...
- Online: Social Media Wizard