Director of Government Affairs
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) has an immediate opportunity for an individual to work in our Government Affairs department as Director of Government Affairs. Our ideal candidate will be able to successfully complete tasks and projects independently as well as part of a team. The position's responsibilities include promoting grassroots advocacy, assisting in implementation of strategy and communication plans,coordinating outreach activities, and more. Work often involves collaborating with different departments to fulfill NAAHP's Mission and more. The director reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Works closely with the Director of Operations carrying out their responsibilities.
- Track legislation, rules and regulations that affects our community.
- Assists in advocating for funding for programs of interest affecting our community.
- Develops and implements strategies to mobilize members for advocacy; utilizing social media tools, such as Facebook, Twitter and blogs and utilization of a database for action alerts.
- Informs members of state and federal issues affecting the community.
- Understands regulatory rulemaking with the ability to draft memorandums summarizing regulatory proposals.
- Designs and leads a grassroots advocacy campaign, as needed.
- Communicates with team members from different departments.
- Performs other task as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- At least six years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of a Master's degree.
- A law degree is preferred.
- Advocacy skills and an understanding of the intricacies of public policy-making are essential.
- Experience presenting before large audiences is essential and strong organizational and planning skills are required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on effective verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Conference/Events Coordinator
- Associate Graphic Designer
- Chapter Development Director
- Manager of Legal Counsel
- Manager of Marketing
- Human Resources Manager
- Manager of Conference/Events
- Content Writer/Editor
- Government Affairs Coordinator
- Director of Conference/Events
- Communications Coordinator
- Manager of Fundraising and Donor...
- Director of Finance
- Director of Communications
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Director of Fundraising and...
- Public Relations Assistant Officer
- Social Media Specialist
- Public Relations and Outreach...