1. Prospecting for new donors, using online resources and updating the prospect list through the identification of upcoming proposal deadlines.
2. Project development and proposal writing, through consultation within Ya’axché; Fauna and Flora International; relevant stakeholders (including community groups when appropriate); donor agencies and private business (when appropriate).
3. Following activities outlined within the Operational Plan, in discussion with the Development Manager.
4. Investigating novel financing mechanisms, through consolation with Ya’axché staff and maintaining donor relations through the Donor Contact Schedule
1. Associate or Bachelors level degree in any field
2. Excellent written and spoken English essential
3. Good working skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
4. Experience in project development, grant writing and fundraising or interest in learning
5. Experience working with communities in developing countries or interest in experience
6. Willingness to work and learn from others from different cultures.
Volunteers will be required to cover all travel expenses to and from Punta Gorda, Belize and also living expenses for the first 6 months of position.
Please visit www.yaaxche.org for further application instructions
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 40 hours per week
- India: Volunteer for slum...
- Football for Social Change
- Belize: Development Manager
- Teach Science to Primary School...
- GlobalGiving Coordinator
- Volunteer to educate 500 youths...
- Communication & Strategies
- India: Provide computer literacy...
- Volunteer Fundraiser
- Belize: Development Officer
- Fundraising Advocate
- GlobalGiving US Field Volunteer
- Child Sponsorship Administrator
- Programs Assistant
- Online: Social Media Oversight
- Thailand: External Relations...
- Online: Social Media Wizard