Rebuilding Alliance seeks a part-time Brighten the Future Program Manager, with the potential to become the fulltime as soon as possible. In addition, Rebuilding Alliance is also seeking part-time Brighten the Future Local Coordinators.
Children and families in Gaza are facing huge electricity shortages - they receive only 3-4 hours of electricity each day in rolling blackouts. Our goal is to raise funds to send 1-2 pallets of solar lanterns to Gaza's children each month through Rebuilding Alliance's Brighten the Future for Gaza's Children project. So far we've sent three pallets of solar lights to Non-Governmental Organizations in Gaza, pre-cleared through both Palestinian and Israeli Customs and we've now received a matching grant to send two lights for every one in our 4 th and 5 th pallets!
We are bringing donation and sales tables to places of worship of all faiths, schools and universities and want to increase donations and sales to $300,000 per year. The Brighten the Future Program Manager will work with the Executive Director to define and realize outreach goals, advancing the strategy and setting new objectives to help the project grow in the faith-based, peace and justice, university, and teacher/school communities.
The position will require 2 days per week at our office in Burlingame for supervision of interns and coordination with staff, and one day per week off site, visiting the Brighten the Future Local Coordinators and volunteers and assisting on-site at their fundraising table, on rotation. The Executive Director and board members will help you get started.
Fundraising is a big part of this job. You will start by developing and implementing a marketing plan, as you help communities develop and implement their fundraising events (e.g. fundraising dinners by solar light), help develop a Youth Community Service Program, and work with volunteers to create a teacher's guide. This means working with the RA graphics and writing team to create invitations and edit brochures, and connecting with communities and coordinators as their event planner and coach.
You are encouraged to look for grant opportunities and to draft grant proposals. You will supervise our team and assist in contacting Bay area companies to ask them to sponsor our project so that we can cover operating expenses and offer donors a very positive giving experience.
You will assist with shipping details for the solar lights as you learn about international shipping.
Your job may require some U.S. travel to conferences and may eventually include international travel. Flexible hours are available. We ask our whole team to work one day on the weekend before each matching grant giving competition (4 per year) to call donors
- Strong commitment to the mission of Rebuilding Alliance and to the Brighten the Future of Gaza's Children project;
- A love of working with people, and event planning experience. Marketing and sales experience, a plus;
- Experience and track record in designing and leading efforts to raise funds from foundations and individuals, including personally soliciting donors;
- Excellent planning and organization skills and attention to detail;
- Good computer and database skills;
- A reliable, energetic, organized team player; a "roll up your sleeves and do what's needed" kind of person with a sense of humor who's comfortable working in a fast-paced setting.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Sales Marketing
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 3 days per week
- Executive Assistant needed
- Seeking production interns for...
- Community Service: Help send...
- Internship: Stay Human...
- Community Service: Change a...
- Do you care about solar energy...
- Community Service: Help send...
- Brighten the Future Program...
- Advocacy Intern
- Haqel Outreach Volunteer
- Join us to send thank you notes!
- Community service tabling