Project Hawai'i, Inc., is a nonprofit organization run 100% by volunteers and solely supported by public donations. Our summer educational program is open free of charge for homeless children from 3-7 years old, and teens enrolled in high school. Our mission is to help these children learn life and social skills that will help them succeed in school. By doing that we provide a well-rounded structured program and seeking volunteers who would like to share their talents to help these teens succeed.
This is a great opportunity for those who need practice conducting a workshop or part of their own teaching goals, etc.
Some examples of workshops would be
- Learning about self
- Art as Therapy/Collages, etc.
- Music /Theater
- Cultural- Hula would be awesome
- Moving Forward, Setting Goals, etc
- Pretty much anything that will help inspire, provide growth, or self awareness of the teens.
I will have a small group 4-6 typically both male and female in high school.
Volunteer would need to provide the supplies needed to conduct the workshop. I do have some basic supplies, but would need your need list prior to camp.
A certificate of completion for the teens would also be awesome!! Such as "NAME" has successfully completed the "BLANK WORKSHOP" July 2017. They will be able to use these for their educational success as well.
We do have an application form I can send you with all your details.
Current dates open are
July 7th in the later afternoon/evening,
July 8th after 4 p.m.,
July 17th/18th later afternoon.
I need the volunteer to commit to a min. of 2 hours. 3 hours is perfect. These workshops will be hosted in Kea'au.
For professionals who need a tax deduction, we can provide you with a full deduction for the value. For example if you are a music instructor and charge $25. per student per class/hour, etc. we can provide that for you as a tax deduction.
This does qualify as community service, and we do provide practicum hours for those who need as well.
Volunteer age groups are open to college students, or those 21 or older. (subject to background check) Limited to one or two people to conduct the workshop since our group of teens is so small.
For those who are interested in being a general camp helper, please also inquire about those opportunities.
#teenmentoring #summercamp #volunteerhawaii #bigisland #volunteer #teach #share #workshops #buildingminds #selfesteem #lifeskills #projecthawaii #projecthawaiiinc #helpthehomelesskeiki #educamp #teens #makeadifference #youarethedifference
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3 hour commitment
- must be able to be in Kea'au with supplies on time
- Big Island- Summer Camp for...
- Love Arts/Crafts? Want to share...
- Help Feed Homeless Children -...
- Back to School Support for...
- Video/Photographer for homeless...
- Youth Groups...Need a service...
- Volunteer Superheroes wanted for...
- Coordinator Needed: Fitness...
- Teen Mentoring/Leadership...
- Love Sports, Yoga, Outdoors???...
- Share YOUR talent Guests wanted...
- Love Science? eco/space??? Want...