Project Hawai'i, Inc., is a nonprofit organization run 100% by volunteers and solely supported by public donations. Our summer educational program is open free of charge for homeless children from 3-7 years old. Our mission is to help these children learn life and social skills that will help them succeed in school. By doing that we provide a well-rounded structured program and seeking volunteers who would like to share their talents/projects with our children.
Our camp is hosted at Kalopa State Park in Honoka'a, approx. 30 minutes outside of Hilo
To participate we are asking that each volunteer be able to provide the following:
* 2 - 3 hour program morning 9:00-12:00 or afternoon 1:00-4:00
* Provide the products/items needed to fulfill your project (we do have simple supplies but will need a list prior to the camp). We will also provide you with items that DON'T work at our camp due to the climate, etc. We have 24 little one's, 10 teen mentors.
* Assure that your program/project is appropriate for children 3-7 (typically K-1 is fine)
* Provide a healthy snack (fresh fruit / veggies is perfect) and 100% juice box for the campers (35 snacks)
We do have an application form I can send you with all your details.
Current dates open are July 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th.
- This does qualify as community service, and we do provide practicum hours for those who need as well.
- Volunteer age groups are open to college students, or those 21 or older. (subject to background check)
- Limited to a small handful of volunteers per activity.
- We have two time slots open per day.
- For those who are interested in being a general camp helper, please also inquire about those opportunities.
#projecthawaii #summercamp #volunteerhawaii #volunteerkids #love #communityservice #help #makeadifference #bethechange #shareyourtalents #bethedifference #helphomeless #homelessinhawaii #changingtheworld #inspire #teach #love #learn #grow
- Outdoor Recreation
- Music Therapy
- Music Arts
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 hours min
- must be able to come to us at Kalopa state park
- Big Island- Summer Camp for...
- Love Arts/Crafts? Want to share...
- Help Feed Homeless Children -...
- Back to School Support for...
- Video/Photographer for homeless...
- Youth Groups...Need a service...
- Volunteer Superheroes wanted for...
- Coordinator Needed: Fitness...
- Teen Mentoring/Leadership...
- Love Sports, Yoga, Outdoors???...
- Share YOUR talent Guests wanted...
- Love Science? eco/space??? Want...