Want to give back to your community while volunteering in a fun, outdoor setting?
Want to meet other like-minded folks who care about their community and also want to keep it vibrant?
Like the idea of chatting with community members and farmers?
Help staff our community market with a two-hour shift between 2pm and 9pm on Thursday evenings!
Pick a 2-hour (or longer) shift and make a difference in your community! Responsibilities include:
- Greeting patrons as they enter the market
- Educating community members about the market & answering questions
- Coordinating youth and nutrition activities
- Facilitating CalFresh (food stamp) transactions
- Set up
- Taking over social media
- Clean up
- Dog watching
- Translating (Spanish/English)
- Sampling Fresh Fruit to community memebers
- And more!!
Mission Community Market is a largely volunteer-driven, independent farmers market and we will tailor volunteer responsibilities to your interests. If you've got the drive, we'll find a way to help you give back to your community.
- Getting connected to farms, local food producers, and other like-minded people.
- Participate in farm trips, volunteer gatherings, and appreciation events.
- Become a part of our pool of volunteers, an eclectic bunch of folks who can give you insider tips or help you network to find a new roommate or job!
- Make friends at the market with community memebers.
- Get a free snack during your shift (don't be afraid to ask if you're hungry or thirsty) and take home some free or discounted produce when we have it available!
Sound good? Contact us for more information.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hrs per month