National Alliance on Mental Illness is America's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and familes affected by mental illness.
Do you enjoy writing? NAMI Geauga County in Chardon, OH is looking for writers to help us generate funds by assisting in the grant writing process. No grant-writing experience necessary!
As a grant writer volunteer, some of your possible responsibilites include:
-Researching grant opportunities and identifying grants that are a good fit for our organization
-Assisting in writing different aspects of grants (i.e. statement of need, letter of inquiry, etc)
-Researching statistics about mental health to incorporate into the grant
- Basic Computer Skills
- Mental Health
- Project Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Grant Writer
- Planting for Change Gardener
- Parents/Caregiver of children...
- Mental Health Education...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Special Events Crew
- Database Programmer...
- Action Committee Chairperson
- NAMI on Campus
- Ending the Silence Presenter
- Family member of a person in the...