Are you wanting to make a difference in someone's life? At New Century Hospice we do just that in communties all over Central Texas! Georgetown to Austin - all the way down to Bastrop and San Marcos and the outlying areas. Volunteers are needed in the same areas:) We are especially needing volunteers in Georgetown, Round Rock, and the Marble Falls/Hill Country areas.
Who our patients are: Individuals who have a life expectancy of 6 months or less - given their illness takes it's natural progression. And their loved ones.
Our patients: are provided care by our team where ever they live. This can be in their own home, a family member's home, nursing home, assisted living, hospital, group home.
How does New Century make a difference? As a team (including volunteers), we start walking side by side with these individuals and their loved ones.... while providing comfort care from 3 different perspectives: emotional, spiritual, and physical.
How volunteers specifically fit in: Volunteers are friendly visitors who go in without an agenda visit or/and may provide a break for a caregiver.
A little about our volunteers:
- Do not provide any medical support like feeding, giving medicines, transferring
- Do not need previous experience in the medical field or in volunteering
- Do choose how often and where they want to volunteer
- Once matched with a patient volunteers are also matched with the hospice care team that also takes care of that patient and their loved ones
- Come with diverse backgrounds. This includes age, work, families, thoughts, life styles, and where they live.
- Complete our team!
How you can start making a difference:
- Attend orientation: Saturday, April 8th. Lunch and snacks are provided....along with good entertainment:)
- Contact me so we can talk ahead of time.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies - volunteer decides
- Compassion, Good listener, Reliable