We are especially needing volunteers in Kyle, South Austin, and Georgetown areas.
Who our patients are: Individuals who have a life expectancy of 6 months or less - given their illness takes it's natural progression. And their loved ones.
Our patients: are provided care by our team where ever they live. This can be in their own home, a family member's home, nursing home, assisted living, hospital, group home.
How does New Century make a difference? As a team (including volunteers), we start walking side by side with these individuals and their loved ones.... while providing comfort care from 3 different perspectives: emotional, spiritual, and physical.
How volunteers specifically fit in: Volunteers are friendly visitors who go in without an agenda visit or/and may provide a break for a caregiver.
A little about our volunteers:
- Do not provide any medical support like feeding, giving medicines, transferring
- Do not need previous experience in the medical field or in volunteering
- Do choose how often and where they want to volunteer
- Once matched with a patient volunteers are also matched with the hospice care team that also takes care of that patient and their loved ones
- Come with diverse backgrounds. This includes age, work, families, thoughts, life styles, and where they live.
- Complete our team!
How you can start making a difference:
- Attend orientation: Saturday, May 20th. Lunch and snacks are provided....along with good entertainment:) If you live down south and Austin is too far to come to - I will orient you down there on a different day that we decide on together:).
- Contact me so we can talk ahead of time.
Then....once you have been oriented and completed all requirements - you will be matched with a patient!
If I have peaked your interest I would love to have you contact me! Please Please include your phone number so I can call you!
If you are not available on the 20th of May for orientation, or live down south of Austin, please still contact me. We will be having lots of other ooptions to getting you oriented!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Your Future Volunteer Coordinator
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies - volunteer decides
- Compassion, Good listener, Reliable