Robinson Creek Hopsice seeks both administrative and patient-care volunteers to join our team!
Administrative tasks include: mailings, phone calls, filing, and family follow ups.
Patient-care volunteers: As a volunteer you will be given choices as to how much and what types of things you want to do. Some examples of typical volunteer duties are:
- Listening to a patient’s concerns.
- Being a comforting and supportive presence.
- Engaging in the patient’s hobbies, for example, playing a board game or discussing current events.
- Telling other hospice staff the needs of the hospice patient and family.
- Running errands for the patient and family.
- Encouraging the patient to tell their life story.
- Providing time for the caregiver to take care of her/his self.
Volunteers are never asked to do something they are not comfortable doing.
Come join our compassionate team and make a difference in the lives of others! Working with our patients and their families is a truly rewarding experience. Volunteer hours are completely flexible and up to you.
Our office is in Austin but we always have patients in the Bastrop area that could benefit from a kind volunteer!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training