Patient Visitor - Nursing Dept.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
Assignment title: Patient Visitor
Purpose: This volunteer opportunity provides patients with services that contribute to their comfort and enhance their stay at HealthSouth.
Supervising Personnel: Volunteer Coordinator, Nursing Supervisor
Training and Education: General Hospital Orientation, Department specific training
Days, Hours, Location: Daily, 1 st & 2 nd Floor patient rooms
- Spend time with patients in a helpful manner; talking with patients, or just listening.
- May read to patients, write letters, play games, watch TV together, or just sit quietly at the bedside.
- Assist in answering call lights.
- Must demonstrate competency in age specifics, HIPAA, and HEOSH information.
- Must be able to communicate with diverse population.
- Must be able to follow directions from staff.
- Understand the need for confidentiality and ability to maintain such.
Personal Skills, Abilities, Knowledge:
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work with detailed information and follow directions.
- Have a friendly, positive attitude.
- Requires frequent walking, standing, sitting.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have intact sense of sight and hearing.
Patient Population Served:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the following age groups: Adolescent, Older Adult.
Protected Health Information:
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the Information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this position has been determined based on assignment responsibility.
Machine, Tools and Equipment:
Length of Commitment: One shift per week.
About HEALTHSOUTH AUXILIARY CORPORATION
3660 GRANDVIEW PKWY STE 200, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35243, US
Our Mission: To be the healthcare company of choice for patients, employees, physicians and shareholders by providing high quality care in the communities we serve.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Sarasota is a 96 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services. HealthSouth’s hospitals provide a higher level of rehabilitative care to patients who are recovering from conditions such as stroke and other neurological disorders, orthopedic, cardiac and pulmonary conditions, brain and spinal cord injuries, and amputations. We are located less than one mile East of I-75 and Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota at 6400 Edgewater Drive Sarasota FL 34240.
We'll work with your schedule.
6400 Edgelake DriveSarasota, FL 34240
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 4 hours per week