Assignment title: Patient Visitor
Purpose: This volunteer opportunity provides patients with services that contribute to their comfort and enhance their stay at HealthSouth.
Supervising Personnel: Volunteer Coordinator, Nursing Supervisor
Training and Education: General Hospital Orientation, Department specific training
Days, Hours, Location: Daily, 1 st & 2 nd Floor patient rooms
- Spend time with patients in a helpful manner; talking with patients, or just listening.
- May read to patients, write letters, play games, watch TV together, or just sit quietly at the bedside.
- Assist in answering call lights.
- Must demonstrate competency in age specifics, HIPAA, and HEOSH information.
- Must be able to communicate with diverse population.
- Must be able to follow directions from staff.
- Understand the need for confidentiality and ability to maintain such.
Personal Skills, Abilities, Knowledge:
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work with detailed information and follow directions.
- Have a friendly, positive attitude.
- Requires frequent walking, standing, sitting.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have intact sense of sight and hearing.
Patient Population Served:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the following age groups: Adolescent, Older Adult.
Protected Health Information:
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the Information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this position has been determined based on assignment responsibility.
Machine, Tools and Equipment:
Length of Commitment: One shift per week.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 4 hours per week