Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program.
*Volunteers do not need any Medical Experience* We go where are patients are - homes, facilities and assisted living centers.
Volunteers are an important part of the team and provide a valuable service to our patients. Our goal is to give our patients the opportunity to live until they die and as a volunteer you provide a vital role in giving our patients permission to live. To ensure all of our volunteers are equipped for the challenge of working with the terminally ill, we require all volunteers to:
- Fill out and provide all required documentation
- Pass an FBI background check
- Pass a drug test
- Pass a TB test
- Provide current ID and Auto Insurance
- Be CPR certified (direct patient volunteering only)
- Attend and complete orientation and training
- Must be at least 18 years or older
BRISTOL PAYS FOR ALL TESTING COSTS.
- Direct Patient Companionship
As the Volunteer Coordinator for Bristol Hospice it is my mission to provide our patients with a lasting legacy. As a Volunteer you can give our patients that chance to live by:
- Support for the patient, listening walking, holding a hand, letter writing, reading taking pictures, encourage a life review, pet therapy, music therapy, light house keeping and assisting the family or caregiver if requested.
If this sounds like a challenge you are up for please contact me and lets talk!
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- First Aid / CPR
- String Instrument
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment visits 1xmonth to 4x per month