Spring 2017 Communications Internship
If you are enthusiastic about the advancement of women in politics, then this is the internship for you! At Emerge, you will be an important member of a national network that is transforming the face of American politics.
Who We Are
Emerge America and the Emerge affiliates share one mission: To increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training, and providing a powerful network. Our vision: To change the face of power, politics, and leadership in this country in order to have policies that are responsive to all Americans.
Emerge America currently has affiliates in 17 states that have trained over 2,000 Democratic women across the country. Emerge is the only in-depth, six-month training program that inspires women to run and gives them the tools to win. In the November 2016 election, 150 of the 213 Emerge alumnae on the ballot won-a more than 70% win-rate. For more information about Emerge America, visit us online at www.emergeamerica.org.
We are seeking a self-motivated intern to play an integral role working with the Communications Director. This program includes a monthly stipend of $1,000. Our participant must commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week from March to May 2017. Our office is located on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.
Dates/hours can be flexible to accommodate a class schedule and we are happy to work with your school to help you earn college credit.
Hours are flexible. Internship applicants must be current students.
- Assist in writing letters to the editors, op-eds and press releases for distribution to media
- Help manage website content and updates
- Help manage social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Develop and implement social media initiatives/campaigns
- Prepare press clips
- Prepare communications materials (talking points, etc.)
- Manage press lists
- Filing and administrative work as needed
- Passionate about the advancement of women in politics
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with general office operations
- Professional and clear communication skills
- Comfortable speaking over the phone
- Familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
How to Apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and brief writing sample.
Emerge America strives to reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours a week