The NM State Parks Office Volunteer/Intern will be a part of the field support team which supports 35 state parks. You will work primarily with the Volunteer Program Coordinator to support park initiatives, events, and volunteers and Friends Groups. Your primary aim will be to assist in growing the volunteer program through developing materials for volunteer recruitment. This position will require many hats, such as organization of files, databases, updating manuals, digitizing photos and administrative support. 15-20 hours/week, minimum of 3 months.
- Create volunteer recruitment materials such as flyers, pamphlets, signage, ads and social media content.
- Cross-promote volunteer opportunities on multiple websites.
- Reach out to volunteers and Friends Groups to provide support and to establish a calendar of park events.
- Assist with the Volunteer Tracking Program to track volunteer hours.
- Assist in developing a Statewide Friends Group.
- Identify and research partnership opportunities with volunteer groups such as AmeriCorps and scouting groups.
- Handle organizational and administrative tasks as necessary.
- A passion for parks and working with people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to create social media content and Ads for Facebook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service and administrative background.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, flexible and team player.
- Volunteer-oriented (plus if you have volunteer experience).
- Program Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18