Volunteers with their therapy dogs visit hospital patients providing a time of conversation, comfort and diversion. Pets must have Therapeutic Dogs International (TDI) certification and up to date vaccines and health checks.
Hospital experience is not necessary but owner and pet must feel comfortable in a health care setting.
Owners receive TB screening, flu shot and criminal back ground check which is offered at no cost to the volunteer. Volunteers enjoy free self and valet parking. Volunteer jackets are purchased through the volunteer services department for $22.
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 2 hours/week
- Pets - TDI certification
- Pet Therapy Volunteer Team
- Recovery Room Clinical Support
- Red Coat Ambassador
- Cheermobile Volunteer
- Radiology Patient Transportation
- Cardiology Support Volunteer
- W.A.G.S. Gift Shop Volunteer
- Mail Room/Store Room
- "Dashing" Volunteers for Dash...
- Shuttle Bus Greeter
- Encore Consignment Shop Volunteer
- Community Nutrition Liaison
- "Healing Hearts" Cardiac Patient...
- Ambulatory Care Center Volunteer