Part of the mission of the Cinefamily is bringing people together, and one of the ways we do that is through our volunteer program. Every single show is staffed by enthusiastic and devoted volunteers -- and their involvement doesn't end with the show.
Cinefamily volunteers go on field trips together, share late-night screenings, and form strong bonds through collaborating in making the best repertory programming in the country come to life. Not to mention, unlimited movies nights.
We need help weekdays, weeknights, and weekends. You can also sign up to be on-call for shifts that need to be filled that day, or special projects (and some of our projects are pretty darn special -- marinating beef hearts for Les Blank, building a black-light art gallery for Obayashi, picking panelists up from the airport, constructing a labyrinth for Labyrinth, etc.)
Just some of the things you can do:
* Event Support: ushering, greeting, collecting emails, food prep, running the register, serving beverages, and other event-specific tasks
* Office Support: print transport, maintaining archives, reception, data entry, technical assistance
* Documentation: photographing and videotaping events
* Crafting & Party Planning: decorating the theatre, making event-specific crafts, brainstorming ideas, bringing all the fun.
* Street Team: distributing flyers and calendars all over town
* Editing: work with the Cinefamily editorial team, pulling clips and preparing material
* Graphic Design: help layout documents communicating to sponsors and funders
Use Your Superpowers: what special skills do you have? What do you like to do most? It’s very possible we might need it!
- Cooking / Catering
- Event Design & Planning
- Food & Beverage Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Once a week
- Love for all things film.