At Somerford Place we value the Five Dimesions of Wellness, Emotional, Intellectual, Physical, Social and Spiritual. Through bibile study we are able to cultivate the Spiritual Dimension. Some of the many benefits our residents recieve from this activity are:
- Cultivating your spirituality may help uncover what's most meaningful in your life allowing one to focus less on the unimportant things and reduce stress.
- Having a sense of purpose and connectivity with something bigger can lead to a valuable inner peace during difficult times and decrease depression.
- Sharing of spiritual expression can help build relationships.
- People who consider themselves spiritual appear to be better able to cope with stress and heal from illness or addiction faster.
- Meditation reduces stress which is a fundamental cause of chronic diseases and the primary cause of death in western society.
- Elderly persons who use spiritual coping mechanisms are less likely to develop d epression and anxiety than those who do not.
- Persons with spiritual connections enjoy greater happiness in life.
At this time we are looking for a person to lead bible study once a week for at least the next 4 weeks while our customary Chaplin is out. We are also happy to develop additional spirtual activities, meditation, journaling, inspirational readings, etc. for an extended amount of time.
If you have nay questions please feel free to email me!
- Massage Therapy
- Elder care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week