We have several roles for volunteers on Race Day. All volunteers must be able to:
- Arrive by 7:30am for a brief training session, and stay until the end of racing. Usually between 12:00 noon and 1:00pm.
- Have a basic understanding of the event and day’s procedure
- Ability to work and/or stand for 3-4 hours in the sun
We need volunteers to:
- Help with judging student vehicles on engineering, craftsmanship and best use of recycled materials.
- Be a start line judge that can help students attach their cars to the guide wire and to determine the race began cleanly (no attempts at cheating).
- Be a finish line judge that can help students remove their car form the guide wire and to keep track of the order that cars cross the finish line.
- Help students sign in when they arrive by inspecting their car and providing them with a judging number.
- Help students at the repair table to assist using various tools. These volunteers must be careful as tools will be either sharp or very hot.
- Pass around student and teacher surveys on iPads.
- set up and take down the event
- Event Management
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Youth Services
- Mechanical Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5-6 Hours
- Must be able to provide own transportation