This is a volunteer opportunity for BABY BOOMERS that want to make a positive impact in our community. We are looking for caring, compassionate people to assist hospice patients and their loved ones. Volunteers provide companionship for the patient and relief for the caregiver. Volunteers can visit patients in their homes and long-term care facilities. They listen and provide comfort and assurance through their presence and personal caring.
Cornerstone volunteers are a vital part of our entire organization, and play an active role in helping to provide the many special comfort and support services that distinguish hospice care.
Things to know before you apply:
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for patients and families, there are state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for hospice volunteers. We ask the following from anyone interested in volunteering:
* Attendance at all training sessions mandated for the type of volunteer work you want to do
* Completion of an interview and service placement meeting
* A commitment to volunteer for at least one year
* Completion of a fingerprint background check (scheduled and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
* Completion of a two-step tuberculosis screening ("TST") for volunteers who will work with patients (administered and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
If you would like more information on volunteering with Cornerstone Hospice, please call 407-304-2604 or email calvino@ cshospice.org
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Patient Care
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Needed Veteran Volunteers to...
- Bereavement Volunteer...
- Veterans caring for Veterans
- Bereavement Call Volunteer Needed
- Baby Boomer Volunteers Wanted
- Looking for volunteers to do...
- Would you like to give back by...
- Volunteer Training in Polk County
- Become a Hospice Volunteer at...
- Massage Therapy, Art Therapy,...
- Looking for Musicians
- We Need A Smiling Face. Be A...
- Be the Compassion your Community...
- In Home Patient Companion...
- Looking for a way to give back...
- Hospice Volunteers needed in...
- Volunteer Needed to Help Stock...
- Veterans Honoring Fellow Veterans