Spend between one and three months in one of the most remote areas of East‐Africa mentoring a team of young adults on their way to become entrepreneurs on the global digital market. Build up a relationship with bright African minds, and enable them to have a successful career, without having to leave their home region. It will be a live‐changing experience!
Full‐board and lodging will be provided.
- Have skills in programming, graphic design, animation, film or music
- Want to use your skills to help others
- Can commit to at least one month (ideally three or more)
- Are able to mentor a small team of at least five bright young minds
- Think positively and like to work in team
- Are ready to stay in simple living conditions
- Are willing to experience a completely different culture on the other side of the world
THEN THIS COULD BE SOMETHING FOR YOU!
Learning Lions is a non‐profit program that selects, educates and trains young adults living outside urban areas with few job opportunities in high‐value skills like software development, graphic design and media production. It is focused on hands‐on skills taught by volunteers from around the world that can immediately be used to generate income online. Our follow up program Startup Lions (www.startuplions.org) then helps our trained "Lions" to use the skills they acquired in the training to create their own business in our lakeside IT‐Hub, while we source clients for them from around the world.
- Animation Software
- Database Administration
- Software Development
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Website Programming
- Web Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- between one and six months
- besides IT & media skills, associated work experience is highly welcomed