Imagine Project seeks to expand its Board of Directors. We are especially interested in adding women and people of color to our Board.
Imagine Project is Los Angeles’ new and only professional theatre dedicated entirely to programming for children. In fact, we are only the second such theatre in the entire State of California.
Our mission is to tell relevant stories that focus on gender equity and inclusion while spotlighting female heroes, as we dynamically engage with today’s youth, inspiring our young citizens to face life with creativity, insight, empathy and courage.
To do that, we commit to choosing programming that reflects the voices of the underserved members of our community, and casting & hiring local artists that are representative of the diverse population of our city; this includes artists with disabilities.
This is a very challenging time for our nation and for the arts. That is why the investment in teaching our children to look at the world with erudition, understanding and empathy is paramount. The health of our communal soul is directly tied to how we rear our children. And engagement in quality storytelling is critical to the kind of citizens our children become.
At Imagine Project, we believe that strong governance is imperative to our ability to make a powerful and lasting impact on our local community. Board service is an excellent and hands-on way to get involved with your community, and have an on-going engagement with Imagine Project artists and patrons while gaining a deeper understanding of theatre for young audiences.
Board members serve as strategic leaders by nurturing their sense of group responsibility. They cherish diverse viewpoints as they unify to speak with one voice. Board members can utilize this opportunity to use their voice and connections to realize Imagine Project’s objectives, while building a personal legacy, creating good will and enjoying access to different kinds of professional networks.
Membership on the Imagine Project Board is a collegial experience. Members have access to the behind-the-scenes workings of the rehearsal process, introductions to invitation-only Opening Night parties, special events, and board meetings. Membership on the Board allows for the opportunity to mingle with Imagine Project artists and others in LA’s theatrical community.
- Two complimentary tickets to the Opening Night of each production in the Imagine Project season, and two complimentary tickets to each production in that season.
- Recognition in Imagine Project programs and website.
Be a Part of the Magic from the Beginning
By becoming a board member now, you will be a part of a much needed theatrical establishment from the very beginning. Joining the IP Board today will cement your legacy as an arts advocate by helping bring our very first production to Los Angeles’ younger audiences.
Responsibilities of IP Board Service
- Love and champion theatre, especially theatre for young audiences.
- Understand, support, and promote the artistic mission of Imagine Project.
- Consider IP a philanthropic priority.
- Make an annual personal contribution to IP of $500 or more.
- Solicit $1,500 or more in donations annually.
- Prepare for, regularly attend, and actively participate in board meetings. The board meets four times each year.
- Stay informed of our activities and attend events organized by IP.
- Board members may be called upon to represent IP in front of local and regional government agencies.
- Introduce members of your personal and professional networks to IP in order to:
- Identify and cultivate board candidates and individual donors
- Help IP secure corporate sponsorships and institutional grants
- Participate in high-level cultivation calls, events, and "asks" with potential donors
- Child Development
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning
- Arts Administration
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Love of theatre, especially theatre for young audiences