65 people are interested
Seeking Board Member for LA's Equity Theatre for Young Audiences
ORGANIZATION: IMAGINE THEATRE
Please visit the new page to apply.
65 people are interested
We seek to expand our Board of Directors.
Imagine Theatre is Los Angeles’ Equity (union) theatre dedicated entirely to programming for young audiences.
Imagine Theatre is proud to operate at the highest standards of professionalism, creating theatrical experiences by artists who are members of Actors’ Equity Association, United Scenic Artists, and Society of Directors & Choreographers, the national unions for stage artists.
MISSION: Imagine Theatre strives to build an empathetic and inclusive society, across cultures, by immersing young people in theatre that celebrates gender equity, diversity, and civic engagement.To do that, we commit to choosing programming that reflects the voices of the underserved members of our community, and hiring local artists that are representative of the diverse population of our city.
Did you know that:
- A trip to Imagine Theatre is the first visit to live theatre for the vast majority of our young patrons?
This is a very challenging time for our nation and for the arts. The pandemic has been brutal to theaters. That is why the investment in teaching our children to look at the world with erudition, understanding, and empathy is paramount. The health of our communal soul is directly tied to how we rear our children, and engagement in quality storytelling is critical to the kind of citizens our children become.
At Imagine, we believe that strong governance is imperative to our ability to make a powerful and lasting impact on our local community. Board service is an excellent and hands-on way to get involved with your community, and have an on-going engagement with Imagine Theatre artists and patrons, while gaining a deeper understanding of theatre for young audiences and building a personal legacy.
Imagine Theatre was founded in 2016. In a new board member, we seek a passion for our mission, strong ties to the community, prior board service, access to professional associations, and an expedited commitment to raise funds and raise awareness of company is a must.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Love and champion theatre, especially theatre for young audiences.
- Understand, support, and promote the artistic mission of Imagine Theatre.
- Consider Imagine a philanthropic priority.
- Make an annual personal contribution to Imagine of $1,500 or more.
- Solicit a minimum of $5,000 in donations annually.
- Prepare for, regularly attend, and actively participate in board meetings.
- Stay informed of our activities and attend events organized by Imagine.
- Reply to all Imagine communication in a timely manner.
- Board members may be called upon to represent Imagine in front of local and regional government agencies.
- Introduce members of your personal and professional networks to Imagine in order to:
- Identify and cultivate board candidates and individual donors
- Help Imagine Theatre secure corporate sponsorships and institutional grants
- Participate in high-level cultivation calls, events, and "asks" with potential donors
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About IMAGINE THEATRE
1201 N PACIFIC AVE STE 204, GLENDALE, CA 91202, US
Imagine Theatre strives to build an empathetic and inclusive society, across, cultures, by immersing young people in theatre that celebrates gender equity, diversity, and civic engagement.
Imagine Theatre is Los Angeles’ Equity (union) theatre dedicated entirely to producing programming for young audiences.
The role of live theatre is indispensable to shaping the way our children connect to each other and the rest of society. Through the stories we tell and the communal experience of theater, we imagine a future guided by kind and courageous people who have the motivation and inner resources to make the world a better place.
- We promise to tell relevant stories that spotlight female heroes.
- We promise to champion kids, especially girls, with the courage to find their own voices.
- We promise to create experiences accessible to kids from all economic backgrounds.
- We promise to hire local artists and pay them real wages.
- We promise to produce plays that are inclusive of stories from LA’s diverse cultural fabric.
- We promise to be the vehicle for social change in a way that only professional theatre can be.
1201 N. Pacific AvenueSuite 204Glendale, CA 91202
October 6, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- Arts Administration
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Love of theatre for young audiences; commitment to our mission, fundraising, and operations.