Become a Board Member for LA's Equity Children's Theatre
DONATE TO THIS
32 people are interested
We seek to expand our Board of Directors. We are especially interested in adding women and people of color to our Board, and individuals with fundraising and networking abilities.
Imagine Project is Los Angeles’ new and only Equity theatre dedicated entirely to programming for children. In fact, we are only the second such theatre in the entire State of California.
IP is proud to operate at the highest standards of professionalism, creating theatrical experiences by artists who are members of Actors’ Equity Association, United Scenic Artists, and Society of Directors & Choreographers, the national unions for stage artists.
Our mission is to strengthen the human connection among our youth by building an empathetic and courageous society that values gender equity, diversity, and civic engagement through the experience of live theatrical performance.
To do that, we commit to choosing programming that reflects the voices of the underserved members of our community, and hiring local artists that are representative of the diverse population of our city.
Did you know that there are 2.3 million kids in LA County?!
This is a very challenging time for our nation and for the arts. That is why the investment in teaching our children to look at the world with erudition, understanding, and empathy is paramount. The health of our communal soul is directly tied to how we rear our children, and engagement in quality storytelling is critical to the kind of citizens our children become.
At Imagine Project, we believe that strong governance is imperative to our ability to make a powerful and lasting impact on our local community. Board service is an excellent and hands-on way to get involved with your community, and have an on-going engagement with Imagine Project artists and patrons, while gaining a deeper understanding of theatre for young audiences and building a personal legacy.
- Two complimentary tickets to the Opening Night of each production in the Imagine Project season, and two complimentary tickets to each production in that season.
- Recognition in Imagine Project programs and website.
Be a Part of the Magic from the Beginning!
By becoming a board member now, you will be a part of a much needed theatrical establishment from the very beginning. Our inaugural season is set for November 2019. Joining the IP Board today will cement your legacy as an arts advocate by helping bring our very first production to Los Angeles’ younger audiences.
IP is still a startup nonprofit that began operations a little over two years ago. A passion for our mission, strong ties to the community, access to professional associations, and an expedited commitment to raise funds is a must.
Responsibilities of IP Board Service
- Love and champion theatre, especially theatre for young audiences.
- Understand, support, and promote the artistic mission of Imagine Project.
- Consider IP a philanthropic priority.
- Make an annual personal contribution to IP of $500 or more.
- Solicit $1,500 or more in donations annually. (This amount is bigger for the first season of production.)
- Prepare for, regularly attend, and actively participate in board meetings.
- Stay informed of our activities and attend events organized by IP.
- Reply to all IP communication in a timely manner.
- Board members may be called upon to represent IP in front of local and regional government agencies.
- Introduce members of your personal and professional networks to IP in order to:
- -Identify and cultivate board candidates and individual donors
- -Help IP secure corporate sponsorships and institutional grants
- -Participate in high-level cultivation calls, events, and "asks" with potential donors
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1201 N. Pacific AvenueSuite 204Glendale, CA 91202
- Strategic Planning
- Arts Administration
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Love of theatre for young audiences; commitment to our mission, fundraising, and IP operations