The Public Relations Volunteer will work as a team member with staff and the Media Relations Coordinator to facilitate the relationship between the organization and the public in accordance with a monthly action plan and annual content calendar.
In collaboration with the public relations team, the Public Relations Volunteer will:
- Manage organizational visibility in the press and in social media
- Prepare and manage press releases; manage media stories and media’s engagement with the organization's leadership; submit content drafts to the media relations team for review
- Monitor media presence and public perception; track impact of website traffic, press releases and social media engagements
- Promote the philanthropic initiatives of the organization; develop strategies that support fundraising events and assist in the cultivation of sponsorship opportunities for programming
- Collaborate with staff to plan, promote, manage and execute special events
- Make additional recommendations to enhance visibility of the organization
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Approximately 4 hours a week.