Combine your love of the outdoors, history, and all things Fruitlands by becoming a Property Ambassador! Property Ambassadors assist with a variety of outdoor tasks and programming that support the day to day and special event operations of Fruitlands Museum.
Fruitlands is home to five collections on 210 acres of meadows and woods. The Museum was founded in 1914 by Clara Endicott Sears and takes its name from an experimental utopian community led by Bronson Alcott and Charles Lane which took place on this site in 1843. When you visit Fruitlands Museum you can go on a hike and commune with nature, learn about the lives of Transcendentalists and Shakers, sit in the Art Museum among Native American or Hudson River School treasures, or be in spired by contemporary exhibits and outdoor sculpture. Fruitlands is a unique gathering place that builds connections between nature, people and culture by offering engaging programs and exhibits.
Fruitlands Engagement Site Manager, Manager of Buildings & Grounds, and Fruitlands staff
Time Commitment Needed:
Flexible-both weekly and one time (large event) positions available.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor fire pit during winter
- Assist with preparation for large annual events such as the Craft Festival
- Participate in general property and trail maintenance tasks with both staff and fellow volunteers
- Report volunteer hours in the Hands on Connect database in a timely fashion
- An interest in learning about Fruitlands and sharing that knowledge with visitors
- Desire to become a part of the team of staff and volunteers working to care for The Trustees’ newest property
- Friendly, able to work in team and individual settings
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain and stand for extended periods of time
- Outdoor Recreation
- Facilities Management
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Program Assistants-Fruitlands
- Historical Interpreter - The Old...
- The Old Manse Event Assistants
- 2017 South End Garden Tour
- Wayside Visitor Center...
- Public Program Assistants:...
- Event Planner-South End Garden...
- Communications Outreach...
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Harvest Assistant-Chestnut Hill...
- Program Assistants-Boston...
- CSA Distribution...