Support Military Families - Become a Service to the Armed Forces Volunteer (Spokane county)!
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
The American Red Cross provides critical services with a caring touch to men and women in all branches of the United States military, active duty personnel, reservists and members of the National Guard, and their families. Red Cross workers use advanced communications technologies to link service members with their families, the Red Cross links military families to local resources and support services, and the Red Cross provides training that promotes resiliency and preparedness to help families and friends cope with the challenges of military life.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Family follow up after emergency communications between military members and their families via phone or mail outreach information to military families
- Give presentations to service members about Red Cross services (access to Fairchild AFB required)
- Attend events to distribute tools and information to military members and their families
- Maintain landscaping at the Washington State Veterans Cemetery
- Lead craft/social activities at the Spokane Veterans Home
- Resiliency workshop facilitator - mental health license required
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
315 W Nora StSpokane, WA 99205
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A six month commitment preferred, schedule varies