Help teach vocational English class to serve pre-employment authorized Haitian clients. Topics include improving English and communication skills to obtain employment, job search and job retention techniques, orientation to the American workplace, financial literacy and life skills.
Classes will be held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 1:30-3:30
Volunteers may choose 1, 2 or 3 days per week
- Proficiency in English and Haitian-Creole
- Interest in working with people of various linguistic, cultural, religious, ethnic and national backgrounds.
- ESOL experience preferred, but not required (training will be provided)
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 2 hours per week
- Must speak English and Haitian-Creole
- Bilingual English/Haitian-Creole...
- ESOL Teaching Assistant,...
- Outreach help needed for new...
- Computer tutor for students in...
- ESOL teaching assistants for...
- Career Coach Assistant, East...
- ESOL Teaching Assistant, Lynn
- Teaching assistant for...
- Teach ESOL class for Haitian...
- Career Coach Assistant, Lawrence