Bereavement Support Volunteer - OhioHealth Hospice
3 people are interested
OhioHealth Hospice Bereavement Program Support Volunteers/Call Volunteers:
- Work with the Bereavement Coordinator to maintain a list of family members of deceased patients.
- Make phone calls to the surviving family members of patients who have died to offer support and consolation.
- Work with the Bereavement Coordinator and staff to set up support services for the family if needed
- Take the flowers to the funeral home or the family home of the deceased patient (optional)
- Completion of OhioHealth Hospice volunteer training, plus Bereavement program training
- Commitment to the philosophy and goals of hospice
- Emotional maturity, sensitivity, listening skills
- Reference and background check (including fingerprinting)
- Skills in listening, empathy and acceptance of people in their current life stage
- Understanding of grief and loss issues
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to commit to at least 6-10 hours of volunteer work per month
About OhioHealth Hospice of Mansfield
1020 Cricket Lane, Mansfield, OH 44906, US
At OhioHealth Hospice, we help people make the most of every minute when end-of-life care is needed.
Wherever the patient calls home, OhioHealth Hospice is there to provide support. Whether the patient lives in their own home, a nursing home or assisted-living facility, we’ll provide physician-led, comprehensive hospice care.
We'll work with your schedule.
1020 Cricket LaneMansfield, OH 44906
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hours per month