Bereavement Support Volunteer - OhioHealth Hospice
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
1020 Cricket LaneMansfield, OH 44906
OhioHealth Hospice Bereavement Program Support Volunteers/Call Volunteers:
- Work with the Bereavement Coordinator to maintain a list of family members of deceased patients.
- Make phone calls to the surviving family members of patients who have died to offer support and consolation.
- Work with the Bereavement Coordinator and staff to set up support services for the family if needed
- Take the flowers to the funeral home or the family home of the deceased patient (optional)
- Completion of OhioHealth Hospice volunteer training, plus Bereavement program training
- Commitment to the philosophy and goals of hospice
- Emotional maturity, sensitivity, listening skills
- Reference and background check (including fingerprinting)
- Skills in listening, empathy and acceptance of people in their current life stage
- Understanding of grief and loss issues
- Ability to work independently
- Available to commit to at least 10-12 hours of volunteer work per month
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL THE OHIOHEALTH HOSPICE VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR AT (419) 526-8442.
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hours per month
Report this opportunity