OhioHealth Hospice Tuck-In Call Volunteers:
- Make phone calls to home-bound hospice patients every Thursday or Friday to see if they have any supply, medication or equipment needs for the weekend.
- Multiple Tuck-In Call Volunteers would allow for a rotation schedule. i.e. Susie makes tuck-in calls the first Thursday of the month, Mary makes tuck-in calls on the second Thursday of the month, and so on.
- Record and report time to the Volunteer Services Department.
- Completion of OhioHealth Hospice volunteer training
- Commitment to the philosophy and goals of hospice
- Emotional maturity, sensitivity, listening skills
- Reference and background check (including fingerprinting)
- Skills in listening, empathy and acceptance of people in their current life stage
- Understanding of grief and loss issues
- Ability to work independently
- Available to commit to at least 6-9 hours of volunteer work per month
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL THE OHIOHEALTH HOSPICE VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR AT (419) 526-8442.
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6-9 hours per week