Use what you have learned in the classroom to help improve the quality of life for our hospice patients. Utilize free time to be compassionate and genuine in order to reduce terminally ill patients' loneliness and isolation. Please help us keep our patients happy and comfortable as they reach the end of their life due to a variety of health conditions including cancer, Alzheimer’s, etc. This is a great opportunity for unpaid Internships for college students.
How can you benefit by being a volunteer?
Build your resume, Volunteer experience shows proof of motivation, commitment, initiative, dependability, and flexibility.
Develop interpersonal skills.
Increase meaning and purpose in your life.
Experience significant opportunities of growth and personal development.
Responsibilities of Companion (Direct) Volunteer:
Attend to patients' social needs by decreasing their isolation.
Contribute to our patients' quality of life.
Commitment of 2-4 hours minimum per week to visit with patients
Communication with Hospice team.
Matain patients' confidentiality.
Travel and visit patients near you.
Read to them, play music, conduct life reviews, memory building, provide companionship.
We offer you:
FREE TB testing and bloodwork screening
Flexible patient assignments
Hospice Orientation and ongoing education
Recieve Internship Credit (iff applicable - unpaid)
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- Hospice Orientation Training, TB testing, Bloodwork, all provided free to volunteers
- The Gift of Time is Priceless!...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed, Are...
- Administrative Volunteer needed...
- How Can YOU Benefit from Hospice...
- The Gift of Time is Priceless! ...
- How Can YOU Benefit from Being a...
- Great Opportunity for Healthcare...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed - Are...
- Administrative Volunteers Needed...