AF Endeavor Elementary School seeks a part time instructor for our Encore After School program in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, NY.
The participants in the program are 100 students in KG-4 th. The goal of our program is to provide the academic and social support needed to help students develop the skills required to successfully complete their secondary and collegiate education. We achieve these goals by providing a holistic program that includes homework assistance, physical exercise, and fun extracurricular activities.
The hours of this position are one day a week from 4:30pm-5:30pm.
Rate of Pay: $20 per hour for a maximum of 2 hours per week.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
-Provide leadership on a day to day basis for a class of 10- 15 elementary school students. Instructors are representatives of our school and are responsible for maintaining the culture of our school in the afternoon.
-Create lesson plans in advance of implementation ensuring that they are age appropriate and coincide with the goals of the program and our stakeholders. Much of our planning is based in exploration activities. Staff will work as a team to provide activities and experiences that increase student’s awareness and keeps their attention.
-Ensure student safety and attendance to the program at all times. -Instructors are a role model for our students. Everyone on our team must be outstanding in adherence to policies on attendance and punctuality, dress code, and setting a tone of respect in interactions with students, colleagues, parents, and AFE staff members.
-Communicate with parents when there is a concern that must be resolved. Provide excellent customer service and a professional, caring demeanor.
Education and Experience:
- Study plan towards college graduation with a BA (minimum)
- At least one year of experience working with Elementary School age group in a professional setting
- Commitment to the program through the end of June 2017 is a non-negotiable requirement
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English is needed but not required
- Knowledge of best practices in working with children in an extracurricular setting
- Strong communication abilities in one-on-one meetings and in group settings,
- Takes personal accountability for the program outcomes, and takes initiative to implement positive change in the face of challenges
Interested and qualified candidates should respond to this posting with their cover letter and resume by email only. Any attachments should be in PDF or MSWord formatting. Please include the title of this position in the subject line of your email. For more information about our organization please visit our website at www.achievementfirst.org
Job Type: Part-time
- Work with elementary school students in a school setting: 1 year
- Spanish preferred
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21