Catering Event Manager (ACT-W Austin)
2 people are interested
ACT-W Coming to Austin April\May 2020
Become a Planning Committee Member
ACT-W conferences run on the energy of our volunteers who care about empowering women in technology. The ACT-W Austin Conference is a happy hour and an annual two-day action-packed event where talented women can build skills, grow their community, and accelerate their career path by connecting with companies that truly fit them best. The conference includes speaking sessions, hands-on workshops, one-on-one coaching sessions, and more.
As a committee member, you’ll be a vital part of the conference and help to create a welcoming and outstanding conference experience for about 300 participants from the Austin Area. The planning experience is a unique opportunity to participate in the conference activities. ACT-W Austin Planning Committee Members will be responsible for various conference duties such as sponsorship outreach, conference and speaker schedule development, event management, food and beverage planning, on-site logistics, and more.
What is expected of me?
We ask that all Planning Committee members commit to being available for the 7 months leading up to the conference and the entire weekend of the event! Expected time commitment is 5-10 hours/week (more as we get closer to the event). This includes checking your ACT-W email at least once a day to ensure that potential volunteers, sponsors, and attendees are not waiting for communication. You will also be expected to attend a bi-weekly call with the team to go over status updates.
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone 18 and over
Catering Event Manager
- Finds food, beverage, and alcohol vendors to sponsor ChickTech for ACT-W Event:
- Needed: Breakfast foods / drinks, Snacks, Lunch food / drinks, evening happy hour drinks / cocktails
- Owner of Everything: From logistics, to set up/ take down. Makes sure vendor has everything they need. Make sure tables are there for set up/take down. Make sure Ice, cups, utensils, napkins, trash bags, etc. are provided for smooth event.
- Email email@example.com if interested.
Your HomeAustin, TX 78701
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Food & Beverage Services
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours/wk for 7 months