ACT-W Coming to Austin August 5-6, 2017
Become a Planning Committee Member
ACT-W conferences run on the energy of our volunteers who care about empowering women in technology. The ACT-W Austin Conference is a happy hour and an annual two-day action-packed event where talented women can build skills, grow their community, and accelerate their career path by connecting with companies that truly fit them best. The conference includes speaking sessions, hands-on workshops, one-on-one coaching sessions, and more.
As a committee member, you’ll be a vital part of the conference and help to create a welcoming and outstanding conference experience for about 300 participants from the Austin Area. The planning experience is a unique opportunity to participate in the conference activities. ACT-W Austin Planning Committee Members will be responsible for various conference duties such as sponsorship outreach, conference and speaker schedule development, event management, food and beverage planning, on-site logistics, and more.
What is expected of me?
We ask that all Planning Committee members commit to being available for the 7 months leading up to the conference and the entire weekend (Aug 5-6) of the event! Expected time commitment is 5-10 hours/week (more as we get closer to the event). This includes checking your ACT-W email at least once a day to ensure that potential volunteers, sponsors, and attendees are not waiting for communication. You will also be expected to attend a bi-weekly call with the team to go over status updates.
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone 18 and over
Workshop & Speaker Event Manager
- Finds industry leaders in Tech-related workspace to volunteer time / expertise to teach during ACT-W Event
- Workshop leaders must have prior experience teach classes / workshops
- Workshop leaders must be approved by Leadership team
- Works with other Workshop team members to make sure we have a variety of workshops set up
- Makes sure workshop leaders are committed and have materials needed to run workshop / know their audience
- Helps workshop leaders get set up on the day of the event
- Liaison between workshop leader / ChickTech
- Email email@example.com if interested.
- Event Management
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Speaking
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours/wk for 7 months