Director of Finance
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a leader to lead our finance/Accountant department. We are looking for leaders that can successfully complete tasks and projects independently as well as part of a team. This position requires individuals that are reliable, well- organized, charismatic, and that can employ best practices. Successful candidates will direct the financial affairs of the organization and prepare financial analyses of operations. Skills required include: thorough working knowledge of business and financial practices associated with nonprofits; financial leadership and more. Additionally, the Director of Finance will be responsible for the oversight of month end closes and financial statement reporting, financial audits and tax return preparation. The director will collaborate with NAAHP's Executive Management Team to fulfill NAAHP's Mission. The Director of Finance reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting. Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department's overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Develops monthly goals for the organization.
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Assist Program Directors and Project Managers with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance/Business required. CPA preferred.
- At least 5-7 years of overall professional experience; ideally 4+ years of broad financial and operations management experience.
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit.
- Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines
- Financial Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- interested Candidates must send in their resumes, cover letter and two letters of recommendations.
- Conference/Events Coordinator
- Associate Graphic Designer
- Chapter Development Director
- Manager of Legal Counsel
- Manager of Marketing
- Human Resources Manager
- Manager of Conference/Events
- Content Writer/Editor
- Government Affairs Coordinator
- Director of Conference/Events
- Communications Coordinator
- Manager of Fundraising and Donor...
- Director of Finance
- Director of Communications
- Marketing Coordinator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Director of Fundraising and...
- Public Relations Assistant Officer
- Social Media Specialist
- Public Relations and Outreach...