Manager of Conference/Events
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as the Manager of Conference and Events. The position will be instrumental in supporting our conferences and events by working with professionals, colleagues, sponsors, senior leaders and members of the organization. Some of the duties include assisting with all organization events such as our Annual Conference, Networking Mixers, Symposium, and more. This position reports to the Director of Conference/Events.
- Creates a detailed calendar and timeline of all logistics for all events.
- Assists with the selection of Venue for conferences and events.
- Work with the Finance Department to insure revenue and expenses are reconciled.
- Works with Executive Management Team and local host committee to recruit speakers,moderators and develop program.
- Manages event registration.
- Manages hotel room block and other venue details while maintaining communication with venue POC from contracting to execution of event.
- Develops sponsorship deliverables and manages all sponsor benefits directly with corporate donors.
- Work closely with fundraising and donor relations on fundraising initiatives and event benefits associated with varying donor levels.
- Work closely with Communications Department to provide updated event information.
- Creates a supportive, respectful, and inspired group dynamic in all interactions with volunteers, content experts and staff.
- Develops plans for volunteers.
- Assigns task to different departments in regards to the conference.
- Performs other task as assigned by the Director of Conference/Events
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant logistics and event management experience required, MA Preferred.
- Experience in collaborating with finance and program teams in the preparation of budgets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences orally and in writing, including electronic media.
- Experience with sponsorships/partnerships is a bonus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management skills and proactive approach.
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment and highly organized.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Interested Candidates must send in their resume, cover letter and two letters of recommendations.
- Conference/Events Coordinator
- Associate Graphic Designer
- Chapter Development Director
- Manager of Legal Counsel
- Manager of Marketing
- Human Resources Manager
- Manager of Conference/Events
- Content Writer/Editor
- Government Affairs Coordinator
- Director of Conference/Events
- Communications Coordinator
- Manager of Fundraising and Donor...
- Director of Finance
- Director of Communications
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Director of Fundraising and...
- Public Relations Assistant Officer
- Social Media Specialist
- Public Relations and Outreach...