Hi. My name is Darren Van Soye and I am the chairman of Run-Walk Events (RWE). RWE non-profit corporation for the public benefit, headquartered in Norco, California. Our mission is to create world-class events that raise money in support of childhood fitness.
We have just completed the planning necessary for a series of running events that will begin on January 13, 2018 in Santa Maria, CA. We are currently in the planning process for two more races - Sacramento, CA and Tucson, AZ. Every event we hold will be a fundraiser in support of a local childhood fitness organization.
To support this endeavor, our board is looking for several interns who will help us as a project manager/business development manager. In return, I will write a letter of recommendation at the end of term that you can use to find your next position. I personally have done this over the last three years and the young people we have developed have gone onto successful careers.
What do you need to get started? The only requirement is that you have a laptop a solid Internet connection. If you are a fast learner and have the desire to learn a new skill, let's talk!
How many hours would it take? The hours are totally flexible. But, we are looking for someone who has at least 30 to 60 minutes a day during the workweek (5 hours a week). If you are still in school, that's not a problem. We will work around your schedule.
This is a virtual opportunity. You can work from home or school. We have flexible time requirements and hours.
Those accepted to our program will participate in one or more of the following based on availability and the career focus of the intern. We are looking for a win-win situation where we get some help and you get a strong recommendation for your file or LinkedIn profile.
* Project Management - Breaking down tasks into small pieces and ordering them in a logical fashion; following up with people who fail to respond.
* Business Development - Using demographic and socio-economic tools, as well as competitive databases to determine the best location of new races.
* Social Media Management - Getting the word out, capturing people's attention, building our base in our chosen markets, providing social proof (e.g., showing that we are fulfilling our mission with photos and stories).
* Process Improvement - Streamlining our processes with the twin goals of improved quality and less time/effort. Currently, we are using Wordpress, Eventbrite, Slack, Google Drive/Docs, Trello and Mailchimp.
* Fundraising - Helping to support the early stages of new races using platforms such as Indiegogo.com
* Vendor Management - Writing RFPs (Request for Proposal) with the goal of outsourcing some of what we do to service providers. One of the first areas is the support of three websites.
- Office Management
- Event Management
- Project Management
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 5 hours/week
- A laptop a solid Internet connection; Know how to use Google Docs