ChopArt is an arts nonprofit serving homeless teens in Atlanta, New Orleans, Hyderabad, India and Accra, Ghana. We provide a minimum of 6 weeks of art programming for 27,000 homeless teens all around the world. Our program is designed to build community, provide creative entrepreneurial opportunities for the youth and to combat some of the negative effects of youth homelessness such as drug abuse, sex trafficking and suicide.
ChopArt is seeking candidates for the following internship opportunity. Selected interns will work alongside the Summer Program Advisory Board Member (Volunteerism) and committees to develop the summer camp volunteer program.
Time commitment: 4 months (March 2017 -July 2017), 5-10 hours a week and all week of the summer camp
The Summer Camp Volunteer Program Intern engages the community in meaningful service opportunities with ChopArt. This intern will coordinate all aspects of the organization’s recruitment, orientation, and training of volunteers for the annual summer camp. This intern will have the opportunity to learn about our mission and directly connect groups and individuals who wish to engage our youth through recruitment and orientation for the 2017 summer camp.
* Attend the entire Summer Camp and serve as the main point of contact for all volunteers.
* Attend and assist with all volunteer trainings and orientations.
* Recruit volunteers from surrounding colleges, universities, and the community.
* Regularly oversee and administer the ChopArt volunteer email.
* Set up and attend volunteer fairs and speaking engagements to spread education and awareness of ChopArt.
* Have constant communication between potential volunteers and the community.
* Conduct background checks for volunteers.
* Develop training documents and orientation materials.
* Assist with scheduling volunteers and assigning tasks and responsibilities.
* An established knowledge and understanding of the homeless community.
* Familiarity with recruitment and conducting orientations(preferred).
* Self-starter and exceptional relationship cultivator.
* Great organizational skills.
* Personable and enthusiastic about service and volunteerism.
* Trustworthy and responsible individual capable of effectively representing the ChopArt brand and its youth.
* Dedication to connecting the community to volunteer opportunities to grow ChopArt capacity and reach.
Things You’ll Learn
* About the lives and development of homeless youth
* How to sustain programs and relationships throughout the community
* How to directly connect individuals with ChopArt causes they care about
* How to conduct trainings and orientations
* How to develop programmatic training, documents, and orientation materials
* How to advocate for our teens!
Although this is an unpaid internship, interns will receive a Coffee Shop stipend of $20 per week.
In order to be considered for this unpaid internship position, please send in both a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training