Non Profit Fund Raiser
Job Code/ Req#:
Domestically and Internationally
Development to Director of Grants and Funding
Volunteer to salaried
92/11/17 Immediate Need
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail:
512.986.1902 or firstname.lastname@example.org (best method of contact)
Subject Line: Volunteer to salaried
Attention: Vic Ferguson Executive Director
The World Federation for Coral Reef Conservation
P.O. Box 311117
Houston, Texas 77231
Job Description for Non Profit Fund Raiser
Develop and execute successful Grant Proposals and Fund Raisers, Town Hall Meeting, and Gala events domestically and internationally
Developing strategies and setting goals to hit fundraising targets
Finding people to donate money
Keeping in touch with existing donors and stakeholders
Budgeting incoming and outgoing money (very much like life)
Writing proposals that could attract money, including applications for grant
Preparing and giving presentations (hello PowerPoint)
Liaising with the fundraising team
Overseeing events and campaigns
- Prior experience in coordinating details of events such as fund raisers, charity events, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Book talent, including musicians, bands, and speakers.
- Participate in membership drives, make contacts and create invitee list.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event.
- Edit and design promotional materials.
- Prepare presentations.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Work with Event Coordinator to negotiate and secure event space.
- Secure sponsorships.
- Work with printer and designer to develop event invitations.
- Hire staff to manage the event, including bouncers and security personnel.
- Manage correspondence.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Proficient in word, excel spread sheets, and knowledge and usage of social networking, i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook and others.
- Ability to develop and follow through to complete task.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with a full range of contacts from Prime Ministers to local stakeholders from many locations around the world.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- At least 2 days a week.........
- This is an on on going position