Social Media & Photography Internship
Interested in photography, social media, and marketing for cultural organizations?
Join the Palo Alto Art Center team for an internship dedicated to social media marketing, photography at special events and programs, and design and editing. Intern works directly with the Art Center’s Director, Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator, and key staff members across departments to document programs, events, exhibitions, and create social media campaigns.
Designed for college and graduate students, as well as adults interested in re-entering the workforce or exploring a career change, Art Center internships give you the opportunity to enhance professional skills, build your professional network, and serve the community.
In this role, you will...
* Research, plan and execute social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, positioning the Art Center as thought leader and promoting programs
* Participate in larger marketing campaigns targeting audiences and promoting specific programs and exhibitions
* Research compelling data and stories to be shared through social media channels
* Attend weekly check-in meeting with Marketing Team
* Photograph programs and exhibitions, as well as edit and prepare photos for marketing efforts
You are a great fit for this role if you are...
* Enthusiastic about working with the public in a museum setting
* Interested in the art making processes, contemporary art practices, and art engagement strategies
* Excellent organizational, written communication, editing, and computer skills
* Photography experience required, graphic design experience preferred
* Experienced social media user, ideally in a professional setting
* Skilled in time management, prioritization, and organization
* Flexible, able to self-start, and have a passion for the arts and/or creative endeavors
When you will work...
This position is approximately 10-15 hours per week with flexible start and end dates, covering June through August 2017.
Ready to join the team? Here’s what to do... Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
In the cover letter, please address the questions following questions:
- Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this internship?
- How does this internship support your professional goals?
Send all materials to Grace Pegan Abusharkh, Director of Volunteer Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- approximately 10-15 hours per week with flexible s