Undergraduate-Level Exhibitions Internship
Interested in exhibition design, curatorial research, museum interpretation, and public programs?
The Exhibitions Intern works directly with the Art Center’s Curator and Exhibitions Coordinator to support upcoming exhibitions and the Artist-in-Residence program. The Exhibitions Intern also interacts with visitors at events and public programs.
In this role, you will...
- Provide support to the Art Center Curator and Exhibitions Coordinator for upcoming exhibitions including administrative tasks related to implementing the exhibition, archiving, research, and other critical curatorial tasks
- Work directly with the Exhibitions team and the Artist-in-Residence
- Assist the Artist-in-Residency program through marketing, communicating and program support
- Interface with the public and support the Exhibitions team at programs and events
You are a great fit for this role if you are...
- Interested in art making processes, contemporary art practices, and art engagement strategies
- Enthusiastic about working with the public in a museum setting
- An excellent organizer and written communicator
- Comfortable using various software on a pc and navigating the internet
- Interest in design-thinking
- Skilled in time management and prioritization
- Flexible, able to self-start, and have a passion for the arts and/or creative endeavors
When you will work...
This position is 30 hours per week for approximately 10 weeks (early-June 2017 to mid-August 2017), from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
Ready to join the team? Here’s what to do... Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
In the cover letter, please address the questions following questions:
- Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this internship?
- How does this internship support your professional goals?
Send all materials to Grace Pegan Abusharkh, Director of Volunteer Engagement, at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 30 hours per week for approximately 10 weeks