Undergraduate-Level Children’s Fine Art Internship
Interested in museum interpretation, artmaking, and developmental education?
Join the Palo Alto Art Center team for an interactive internship aiding Children’s Fine Art instructors with summer camp classes. Studio Interns work directly in the Art Center’s classrooms, providing classroom management support to art instructors. Interns also work one-on-one with students, encouraging their creativity and supporting their development.
In this role, you will...
- Assist with set up, clean up and preparation of supplies
- Can assist with teaching if there is a particular interest/expertise
- Assist individual students
- Help to supervise breaks and lunch at the Art Center
- Help with check-in/check-out procedures
- Assist with transporting and preparing art supplies when needed
- Participate in special projects as assigned
You are a great fit for this role if you are...
Enthusiastic about working with young audiences in a museum setting
- Interested in the art making processes, contemporary art practices, and art engagement strategies
- Comfortable interacting with the public
- A strong communicator
- Interested in design-thinking
- Skilled in time management, prioritization, and organization
- Flexible, able to self-start, and have a passion for the arts and/or creative endeavors
- Willing to submit to fingerprinting
When you will work...
This position is part-time, approximately 30-35 hours per week (8:30am-3:30pm) from early-June 2017 to mid-August 2017. A required orientation will take place on Friday, June 9.
Children’s Fine Art Interns are expected to arrive at least 30 minutes before their scheduled camp and stay 30 minutes after the camp to assist with clean up. For special projects, a schedule will be discussed in advance with site supervisor.
There are five positions available for Summer 2017.
Ready to join the team? Here’s what to do...
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two professional references. In the cover letter, please address the questions following questions:
- Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this internship?
- How does this internship support your professional goals?
Send all materials to Grace Pegan Abusharkh, Director of Volunteer Engagement, at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Visual Arts
- Youth Services
- Arts Administration
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 30-35 hours per week (8:30am-3:30pm) from early-Ju
- resume, cover letter, references