Bring your experience in fundraising and communications to help secure philanthropic support for a legal services non-profit.
Established in 1968, Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A (Brooklyn A), advances social and economic justice and community empowerment through innovative, collaborative, neighborhood-based legal representation and advocacy. We assist individuals, families, community-based organizations, and coalitions in sustaining and developing vibrant, healthy communities.
The Development and Communications volunteer will work as a part of the Development and Communications Team which consists of the Director and two AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers. You will assist in executing the annual Development Plan. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your skills in fundraising, communications and non-profit management.
Responsibilities of the Development and Communications Volunteer
- Develop resources to retain existing donors, recapture lapsed donors, develop new donors, and increase gift size.
- Help develop and execute a communications program including but is not limited to generating online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Support the grant proposal development and submission process - ensuring that proposals, reports and other documents are well written, strategic, and submitted on schedule;
- Assist in creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of individual giving.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications (Required):
- Prior work experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and be motivated
- Self-starter able to work independently and as a team player
- Strong writing, organization and multi-tasking skills; as well as creativity
- The ability to multi-task, handling logistics and follow through on multiple projects at the same time
- Adaptable to changing environments and multiple deadlines
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
Application Process: Please send a cover letter, resume, short writing sample (no more than 3-pages) as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development & Communications Volunteer" in the Subject Line. The position is expected to be filled immediately. No phone calls, please.
We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women, and LGBT persons to apply.
- Database Administration
- Donor Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment