Lobby Day will convene at the Central United Methodist Church in Lansing at 8:45am. The church is located at 215 N. Capitol Ave., Lansing , at the corner of Capitol & Ottawa, just across the street from the Capitol Building. We’ll be educating lawmakers about two issues that pose a direct threat to our Great Lakes: the Enbridge Line 5 pipeline and agriculture pollution. More details here .
We have lots of new state lawmakers to educate about critical environmental issues that YOU care about. All lobbying takes place in teams of 2 to 4 people. Each team will be led by an experienced Lead Lobbyist who knows their way around the Capitol and will lead the meetings. No experience is necessary.
Please join us by signing up here (instead of filling out this volunteermatch form): https://goo.gl/forms/HefrkcZIrqfN9sZa2
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8:45am until 3:30pm
- There is an optional fundraising reception that follows this event
- Great Lakes Committee assistant
- Internship Coordinator
- In-district Meetings with Local...
- Outdoor Activity Leader (Michigan)
- Conservation Committee assistant
- Fundraising assistant
- Executive Committee Member...
- redistricting campaign (Michigan)
- Helping with Sierra Club Huron...
- Environmental Education...
- General office help-Lansing
- Energy campaigns assistant
- Sustainable Agriculture Campaign...
- Development vs environment...
- Sierra Club's 2017 Spring Lobby...
- Gas & Oil extraction research...
- Outings Leader
- 50th Anniversary Committee
- Communications Committee assistant