Dates: This internship is offered year-round with a rolling application process.
Overview of position: Are you interested in a career in marine science and aquarium care? At Save The Bay, we provide interns with hands-on experience in aquarium maintenance, the care and feeding of the animals, and behind-the-scenes administrative work. Interns will be required to undergo a thorough training and will work in partnership with other interns throughout the duration of the internship.
What you will learn:
- Water quality testing and monitoring
- Aquarium tank maintenance
- Animal husbandry skills
- Animal feeding techniques, including preparing and weighing the proper amounts of food for each aquarium system
- Gain knowledge in monitoring animal behavior
- Gain skills in generating Excel spreadsheets and other administrative work that helps support our education programs.
What we require:
- Work a minimum of 2 days per week from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM. Additional days are available. Weekdays only.
- College coursework in marine science, biology, environmental science or related course of study strongly encouraged
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Strong interest in environmental science and marine science
- Must be well-organized, enthusiastic, and reliable
- Flexibility and ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Prompt arrival for shifts
- Must be 18+ and undergo a background check
Details: We offer unpaid internship opportunities. We will gladly work with your university if they offer college credit for unpaid internships.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and fill out our online application at http://bit.ly/2AyihfS (note: link is case sensitive)
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 16+ hrs a week