Work Trader (volunteer positions in multiple functional areas. Entrepreneur preferred)


Cause Areas


It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.


250 3rd Ave N Suite 550MinneapolisMinneapolis, MN 55401


Do you need a space to get work done? Do you want to join a community? Are you interested in contributing your talent for the betterment of others? Apply to become a work trader for Impact Hub Minneapolis - St. Paul!

About Us

A coworking space, event space, and launch pad for purpose-driven ventures that create more value than they capture. A community that believes in a better world through inspiring entrepreneurship and accelerating entrepreneurs toward building the future through community, space and educational events. A collaborative space for productive work, a driven community that resides at the intersection of technology and social good, and a diverse selection of programming and mentorship to guide members with the tools they need to establish their idea.

Work Trader

It is the job of the Work Traders to ensure that this experience is the best one possible. At the most basic level, this involves welcoming members and guests into the space and keeping the space clean, organized and welcoming.

During their scheduled shifts, the work traders are responsible for...

  • Welcoming all who come into the space from the front desk station

  • Ensuring that every person who comes into the space signs in and out

  • Assisting members with basic administrative and technical support, including but not limited to: receiving and distributing mail, helping members install printer drivers and troubleshoot printing issues, assisting with projector use, and connecting members to the wifi

  • Answering the Impact Hub office phone and delivering calls and messages to the appropriate staff member

  • Giving basic tours to potential new members & curious folks who wander in

  • Completing daily and weekly tasks such as making coffee, washing dishes, and watering plants

  • Assisting Head Coordinators, Danielle & Nichelle, with event setup and breakdown

These tasks usually account for about 25% of a person’s time during a shift. The other 75% is dedicated to contributing your assets and strengths for the betterment of Impact Hub. Projects are under three operating teams; they include--but are not limited to--the following:


  • Accounting and Finance

  • Human Resources

  • Inventory and Space Management

  • Data Analytics

  • Administrative support


  • Social Media Content Creation and Execution

  • Website and Eventbrite Management

  • Digital Storytelling and Public Relationship

  • Social Media Analytics and Metrics

  • Other Marketing Projects


  • Event/Program Planning

  • Event Facilitation and Execution

  • Photography and Video Production

The Ideal Candidate...

  • Is organized

  • Is independent

  • Is solution-driven and hands on.

  • Is interested in the Impact Hub community and the MSP community

  • Is passionate about community building and wants to use communication tools to create online community building

  • Is committed to learning, and willing to invest time in growing themselves and our community

  • Has a welcoming and inclusive spirit and a positive, upbeat attitude

Time Commitment

Our ideal time commitment is five hours a week for six months. We offer Experience Curatorships in cohorts of six months and our next cohort will serve from now through June. Scheduling of shifts is flexible.


  • A full coworking membership for six months

  • Curated, thoughtful introductions to the movers and shakers in the MSP social enterprise community when requested

  • References from core team members to put on your resume going forward

  • Access to support groups within the Impact Hub membership for finding careers and jobs that you'll love

  • Private mentoring sessions with core team members and mentors.

For further information about Impact Hub MSP please visit

Go to "About Us - Join Our Team" for more detailed descriptions of other openings we have in our space.

To Apply

  • Send a brief cover letter and your resume to AND

  • Complete the following Work Trade application:

Additional Info: Special attention will be given to candidates with a desire to engage our community, use the space as a social entrepreneur working on your own or other’s ideas, and to learn more social impact. We are proud to be part of a network of hubs around the world that focus on social impact, so fit is important here.


  • Office Management
  • People Skills
  • Business Development

Good Match For


Requirements & Commitment

  • Orientation or Training
  • five hours a week for six months

Report this opportunity

Report this opportunity

Engage your employees, consumers, or students! VolunteerMatch provides the tools that make community involvement easy.