Want to help distribute food bags? Volunteer with us! (Downtown San Diego)(Ongoing opportunity)
WhenFri Apr 21, 2017 09:00 AM - Fri Jul 21, 2017 04:00 PM
Where825 7th Ave.San Diego, CA 92101
**THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, MUST BE AVAILABLE DURING THESE AVAILABLE SHIFTS, FOR A MINIMUM OF THREE MONTHS OR MORE**
Position Title: Family Services Volunteer
Purpose/Goal of Position: To support The Salvation Army Family Services office in preparing and distributing food bags for homeless and low-income individuals, and maintaining related distribution records.
1. Strong attention to detail
2. Must have excellent customer service skills; a heart for working with homeless and low-income individuals, prior experience with this population preferred
3. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required
4. Must be available during at least one available shift
1. Sort and pack canned goods and non-perishable items in family services food pantry
2. Distribute food bags to homeless clients and document service in client files
3. Enter data related to services provided to clients into family services database
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be available Mondays 9am-12pm/ Friday 9am-4pm
- Are you fluent in Arabic? We...
- Sunday School Aide (Multiple...
- Have a green thumb? Become a...
- Youth Program Aide (Lots of...
- Help our garden grow! (El Cajon)...
- ESL Instructor, Arabic speaker...
- ESL Instructor (Thursdays...
- Language Learning Activity Lead...
- Teaching Assistant (Tuesdays...
- Want experience teaching...
- Want to help distribute food...
- After School Program Aide (El...
- Teaching Assistant...