Dogfest Walk 'n Roll Chairperson or commitee member
WhenWed Mar 01, 2017 - Sun Oct 01, 2017
WhereRoosevelt DriveEdison, NJ 08837
Canine Companions for Independence has an opening for an Event Chair and DogFest committee to lead the planning of the 2017 DogFest New Jersey Walk N Roll. Event Chair must be available to meet once a month for committee meetings and have ability to assist committee members in soliciting sponsors, recruiting teams and participants and publicizing the event. Position description is below but subject to change. Event Chair candidates will need to meet with Canine Companions staff before being accepted for the position.
- Work with Staff Partner to identify and recruit Committee Chairs.
- With the Committee Chairs, recruit volunteers to fill committee positions.
- Manage the committee through the planning process.
- Communicate with Staff Partner to ensure they are in the loop through the entire process.
- Serve as spokesperson for DogFest in the community
- Organization and communication skills to coordinate and lead committee meetings
- Have a well-developed network of potential sponsors, vendors and committee members
- Creativity to come up with ideas for fund-raising
- Ability to participate in meetings during work days and evenings both by phone and face to face in Irving
- Follow up skills needed to keep various committee info updated and on track
- Passion for the cause because it will come out in the message presented
- Ability and willingness to speak in public meetings and at Canine Companions events to promote DogFest and drive committee membership and event participation
- Ability to assist committee in soliciting sponsorships, recruiting teams and participants and publicizing event
- Previous event planning and fundraising experience helpful
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training