Use your skill set to enhance someones quality of life. You will offer services to a patient on hospice for free through our program.
As a massage therapist volunteer, you will:
- Provide massage services in a variety of settings our patients reside (homes, skilled nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities)
- Be a friend and listen to stories told by our patient/families
- Have a current massage therapist license in the state of California and provide a copy during the interview process
- Have some flexibility to meet with patients for a one time visit, series of visits or ongoing weekly visits (as specified by a family)
All volunteers of AseraCare Hospice are non-medical. As a massage therapist volunteer, you will be required to review our online course on Massages for the Elderly.
Please contact Justin Kamimoto, Volunteer Coordinator, for more information.
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of six month volunteer commitment
- Current Massage Therapist License